FORT LEE, Virginia – Fort Lee personnel, residents and visitors are reminded that Mahone Avenue Gate will close Thursday, as previously announced, for the installation of an overhead canopy to shield security personnel and incoming traffic from the elements.
Lee Avenue Gate will have extended hours – and an additional checkpoint on weekdays – to accommodate increased traffic during the two-month construction period. Starting Thursday, the scheduled hours for all gates will be as follows:
- Shop Road Gate: 6 a.m. – 2 p.m., weekdays; closed weekends
- Lee Gate: 5 a.m. – 11 p.m., weekdays; 8 a.m. – 11 p.m., weekends
- Sisisky Gate: always open
- Mahone Gate: closed
- A Avenue Gate: 5 a.m. – 8 p.m., weekdays; 7 a.m. – 6 p.m., weekends
- Temple Avenue Gate: 4:30-8 a.m., weekdays; closed weekends
- Jackson Circle Gate: always open for staff, residents and authorized guests
# # #
Fort Lee is the Army’s Home of Sustainment and supports the training, education and development of adaptive Army logistics professionals. Major organizations on the installation include the Defense Commissary Agency, Defense Contract Management Agency, Combined Arms Support Command, the Army Logistics University, U.S. Army Ordnance School, U.S. Army Quartermaster School and U.S. Army Transportation School. Fort Lee supports approximately 90,000 Soldiers, retirees, veterans, family members and civilian employees on- and off-post with a regional economic impact of about $2.4 billion per year.